If you’re thinking of putting your Indianapolis-area home on the market, you’ll want to make the property as appealing as possible to attract potential buyers. At Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc., we have worked with many homeowners to prep their homes for sale over the years and have the following tips to share.
5 Home Improvements to Sell Your House
- Start by improving the home’s curb appeal. In real estate, first impressions really do matter. Not only does that mean tidying up the yard and maintaining the landscaping, it also means repairing – or replacing, as needed – doors, windows, siding, and roofing.
- Very few people in today’s market are looking for a fixer-upper. Address any major repairs and upgrades that might deter buyers. A Realtor will tell you that bathroom remodeling, kitchen remodeling, and flooring are three of the most important upgrades when it comes to selling a house.Of course, addressing any water or hail damage through restoration work is also essential before listing.
- Cleaning and decluttering are two basic steps that homeowners can take without spending much money. It’s amazing how much stuff we can accumulate over the years and how it can spread out all over the house. Potential buyers want to be able to imagine their things in the house and want the house to feel spacious, not cramped and cluttered.
- Painting in neutral colors and staging are often the final touches that help appeal to a wider demographic. It also makes people feel as though the house is clean and well-cared for, giving them more confidence in the property as a whole.
- Finally, consider having a pre-listing home inspection done by a reputable company. This will show buyers that you’ve addressed major issues or that the listing price reflects any additional work they may have to have done.
Whether your home is in Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, or Zionsville, taking care of a few finishing touches can give you a competitive advantage. For indoor remodeling, exterior home improvements, and even construction projects, contact the general contractors you can trust at Centennial Construction & Remodeling. Call us today (317) 848-7634 for an estimate on our expert services.