Are you tired of your kitchen’s dull looks but don’t want to embark on a full-scale kitchen remodeling project? A new backsplash might be just the thing to revitalize your cooking space. This smaller project only takes a few days for your general contractor to complete, and it has the potential to completely renew your kitchen’s look.
Backsplashes have two basic purposes: to protect and to decorate. Backsplashes help protect the areas in your kitchen that are most prone to food and water damage—the areas behind the sink and the stove. Backsplashes are generally made of tile, stone, or glass, which makes them far easier to clean up than painted or wallpapered walls. They can also add an artistic element to your kitchen, depending on what look you choose.
Some Backsplash Ideas
When you’re picking out backsplash materials for your home improvement project, the choices are nearly endless. Here are just a few possible styles:
- Modern: If your kitchen has a modern aesthetic with sleek counters and stainless steel appliances, consider using long, narrow, glass tiles. This creates an abstract mosaic look that adds texture to your kitchen’s walls. Get several shades of the same color—neutrals and cool blues would both look at home in a contemporary kitchen.
- Vintage: Subway tiles are an obvious choice for a vintage kitchen remodeling project. Classic white tiles with dark-colored grout make a bold statement that’ll help spice up your kitchen.
- Natural: Bring a little of the outdoors inside by using natural stone as a backsplash. Stacked pebbles make a unique and interesting focal point over your sink, while flagstones or paving stones can be repurposed for a backsplash above your stove.
- Cottage: Beaded board, installed either horizontally or vertically, adds a charming, rustic touch to any kitchen.
- And many more: This post only scratches the surface of backsplash ideas. Talk to your general contractor for even more suggestions.
When you’re planning a home improvement project, it’s important to have a contractor you trust. Centennial Construction provides high-quality home remodeling services, including bathroom remodeling and roofing, to clients in Fishers, Westfield, Zionsville, and Carmel. Contact us at 317-848-7634 for a free estimate or to set up an appointment, and you’ll be well on your way to having a new look for your kitchen!