Summer is officially here! At this time of the year, it is easy to get outside, breathe in the fresh air, and enjoy all of the natural light afforded by the longer days. Read on to find out how to bring the outdoors in so that you and your family can enjoy the benefits all year long and continue to feel energized and recharged by natural elements.
Use natural materials and colors in your home.
Selecting natural materials versus synthetics when remodeling your home is a great first step. Wood, cork, stone, grass cloth, and wool are basic starting points. When it comes to walls, textiles, accessories, and even flooring, let nature inspire your color choices. From crisp wintery whites and rich autumn reds to light watery hues and smoky mountain palettes, the options are endless. You can also include indoor plants and a small fountain for small sensory inputs when you’re stuck indoors.
Let in more natural light and fresh air.
There are many beneficial effects to increasing your access to sunlight. Some of the best ways to let in more natural light include:
- Pruning overgrown shrubbery or trees that are shading the windows
- Moving bulky furniture away from windows
- Changing out heavy window coverings for something light and airy
- Ordering replacement windows with good quality screens to let in the breeze without shading out the sunlight. Your general contractor can advise you as to the possibility of installing larger windows if you’d like.
- Replacing doors that are dark, heavy, and block light. Make the most of transoms, sidelights, screen doors, French doors, or even multi-slide doors at all entryways.
- Making sure that your landscaping offers points of interest throughout all seasons and that you can see those features through windows and doors when you can’t get outside.
Contact Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc. to find out more about our exterior home improvement services, including door and window installation in Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, Zionsville, and beyond.
Call us today at (317) 848-7634 to get a quote and to begin your next home improvement project.