The elves at Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc. have put together a list of our favorite gift ideas that are sure to please even the most refined handyman.
1. Tools. There are never enough tools. For someone who is just developing their skills, you may want to get them a tool belt and a basic tool kit. For the more seasoned handy-person, you may have to probe to find out which specialty tool they are yearning for to complete their current projects.
2. Classes. Sign them up for a class or training course at the local community college or extension office so they can learn new DIY or home improvement skills.
3. Magazine subscriptions. There is no lack of specialty magazines out there from woodworking to home electronics and everything in between. All you need to do is find the one that best suits your DIYer’s interests and they receive a monthly reminder of the thought you put into their present.
4. Pampering. It may not be an obvious choice, but for someone putting in long hours of work around the house or yard, a gift card for a massage or reflexology treatment would definitely be a nice treat.
5. Lighten their load. If there are tasks to do around the house that have morphed and become a little bigger than your in-home handyman or woman can handle, make arrangements to have it done by a professional contractor. Whether that means finishing the basement over the winter or having the siding replaced in the spring, taking away some of the pressure can be a load off even the most seasoned home improvement buff and give them time to tackle other projects, or get some much-deserved rest.
Whatever gift you choose for the home improvement authority in your home, be sure you let them know that their hard work and attention to detail in making your home the perfect place to live is appreciated and valued.
The team at Centennial Construction & Remodeling would like to extend our sincerest wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season to all of our customers and friends in Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, Zionsville and beyond. Please feel free to contact us any time at (317) 848-7634 to get an estimate on our expert service or to book a consultation.