Do you feel like your family is outgrowing your home but don’t want to uproot everyone to move into a bigger house? The professionals at Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc. have these tips to help make the most of the space you do have as well as to help you create more square footage without having to sell your home.
1. Finish the basement. There is no greater waste of square footage than an unfinished basement. Have your contractor build a family room, home theater, music room, home office, or extra bedroom.
2. Build a bonus room. Tap into the space in an unfinished attic or unused closet and create a bonus room that will give you the extra area your family needs.
3. Add on a sunroom. If your property is large enough and zoning allows for it, you could build on a sunroom.
4. Build a cab-over or second story home addition. This is a larger undertaking and will depend on the home’s structure and local zoning but you may be able to build up to find the extra living space that you need.
5. Make the most of your outdoor space. Build a porch, deck or patio to create living areas with outdoor kitchens, dining areas, and cozy seating for quiet contemplation or for the family to gather.
6. Use modular furniture. Perhaps you don’t have the budget or the desire to embark on a remodeling or construction project. In that case, live with the space you have but reconfigure your furniture or buy furniture that maximizes space. Loft beds, murphy beds, convertible tables, nesting tables, room dividers, kitchen islands on casters – the options are endless.
Serving the north side of Indianapolis since 1993, Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc. is a family-owned business known for honesty, integrity, quality products, expert installation services, and guaranteed customer satisfaction. To find out more on how to make the most of your home’s square footage, contact us at (317) 848-7634 to get an estimate on our expert home improvement services in Carmel, Fishers, Zionsville, Noblesville, Westfield, and nearby areas.