Are you looking for ways to expand your living space and to spend more time outside enjoying your yard? We at Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc. have worked with many homeowners to design and build their dream porches, decks, and patios. Consider these five tips to ensure you make the most of your porch this summer and fall.
- Although covered porches were traditionally built onto the front of the house, nothing says a porch shouldn’t be built onto the back of the house if that’s where you prefer it. In fact, building a backyard porch or sunroom offers more privacy and a more relaxed atmosphere, which is great for both entertaining and more introspective time.
- Porches and sunrooms can be wired not only for lighting but also for audio equipment—a bonus for music lovers.
- While we do love decks and patios, a screened-in covered porch will protect you from the elements and keep the bugs out. Our happy customers tell us how much they love the extra time they spend outdoors as a family thanks to their cozy outdoor living spaces.
- Porches and sunrooms are meant for relaxing, entertaining, and enjoying your surroundings. Make sure you choose furnishings that are comfortable and encourage your family and friends to stop and stay a while. Porch swings, hammocks, and outdoor loungers are perfect additions to your bonus room.
- By adding an outdoor space heater or fireplace, you can continue to use your covered porch well into fall, despite the cooler weather.