If you’ve decided that you’re ready to tackle major home remodeling, be sure you work with a general contractor that is experienced, honest, and reliable. If you aren’t certain exactly how to go about finding the right company for the job, we’ve put together a list of questions that you may want to ask potential contractors.
The Right Questions
At Centennial Construction & Remodeling Services, Inc. we have been involved in the construction and remodeling industry in and around Indianapolis since 1993. Keep in mind that the questions you can ask are endless, and this list is a starting point based on our years of experience. Be sure you tailor this checklist to your particular needs before you sign on the dotted line with any contractor.
- What are your credentials?
- Are you insured?
- Who applies for the building permits?
- Do you provide references? Can I see some of your work?
- How much input does the client have?
- Do you have any specialties such as kitchen remodeling, custom tile work, bathroom remodeling, basement remodeling, or water damage restoration?
- Do you provide written estimates or quotes?
- Is labor billed hourly or at a flat rate included in the estimate?
- Can you get the job done within our budget?
- What is your timeline for completing the work?
- Can our pets or family be home while you’re working?
- Will we have to move out for any period of time?
Taking on home remodeling is a big step. In addition to having your questions answered, make sure you feel comfortable with the contractor’s personality since you may be spending a lot of time together over the course of the project.
To talk to someone at Centennial Construction, contact us at (317) 848-7634. We’d be happy to chat with you and answer any questions you may have. We have satisfied customers in Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Westfield, Zionsville, and beyond. You may be interested in reading some of the recent reviews our customers have written after working with our team.